Wellable UV curing laminates are a range of UV curing Fiber Reinforced Plastic products making from numerous special anti-corrosive and impermeable materials. After curing under natural sunlight or UV rays, laminates form into a high strength, high adhesion, seamless seal, anticorrosive, fireproofing and insulating cover layer without extra solidify period and few solvent volatilization which can decrease construction time, difficulties and costs obviously.
Scope of Application
Flammable/explosive and heat/cool insulation pipelines in petrochemical and organic solvents industries, buried/crossing pipelines, slurry pipelines, storage tanks, reactors, desulfurization of flue chimneys, drilling platform, tunnel & bridge, electric & optical cables, performing outer protection and inner lining, anticorrosion & chemical anti-permeability, seal & insulation, fire & explosion proof, reinforce protection, rapid repair, online repair and high pressure plugging. Laminates can also be substitutions of traditional hand lay FRP, Petroleum asphalt coating, FBE, PE adhesive tape and other treatments. 1.Solve the electro welding and hot work problems in petrochemical, oil & gas and organic solvent industries; 2.Solve the inner pipe corrosive and gas leak problems of ethylene and other ultralow temperature pipelines; 3. Solve the bacterial corrosion, root penetration, soil stress and cathodic disbanding problems of buried/crossing pipelines; 4. Solve the construction difficulties ,dangerous and environment pollution problems by using traditional materials and treatments; 5. Solve the long construction and extra solidify period problems by using traditional materials and treatments.
1. Excellent anticorrosive and anti-permeability of corrosive mediums 2. Excellent mechanical strength and performance 3. Outstanding substrates adhesive force 4. High temperature resistance, thermal shock resistance 5. High electric & thermal insulation 6. High fireproof and flame retardation 7. High aging resistance and long working life 8. Rapid curing without extra solidify period 9. Outstanding working and maintenance convenience—No hand lay-up and gum dipping, few solvent volatilization, low labor cost and available for construction around the year
The laminates are light, easy handling, simple for engineering design and user friendly. According to the engineering requirements, laminates can be easily cut into any shape or size using knives and scissors and pasted, winded or wrapped in the substrates which protection required. Curing by exposed to natural sunlight or UV lamp within 5-20 minutes, without extra curing and accelerating agents, laminates can form into a high strength, high adhesion, seamless seal, anticorrosive, fireproofing and insulating cover layer which has excellent mechanical properties in comparison of most of the metals, chemicals resistant abilities including regular acid, alkali, salt, seawater, soil as well as variety of oils and organic solvents, effective chemical impermeability can isolate substrates from the environment, and therefore ensure permanent stability of the substrates.
Model 9110 —Outer protection type
1. Excellent mechanical strengths including impact resistance, compression strength, tensile strength and flexural strength 2. Anticorrosive, waterproof, salt & acid fog-proof, outer shell completely seamless seal without connection part which allows water and gas seeping 3. Outstanding substrates adhesive force 4. Heat distortion：-70℃～180℃ 5. Fireproof and flame retardation 6. Electric & thermal insulation 7. Outdoor working life ＞10 years 8. Rapid curing without extra solidify period，short construction period and come into service immediately 9. Maintenance convenience-：Sawing square inspection area and repaired by laminate patch
1. Flammable/explosive and heat/cool insulation pipelines buried/crossing pipelines, slurry pipelines, storage tanks, reactors and other equipments outer protection--anticorrosive, chemical anti-permeability, reinforce, fire & explosion proof, insulation, rapid repair, online repair and high pressure plugging 2. Interface conjunction mending and seal 3. Pipe reinforce, support and Y-shaped 4. Underwater anticorrosive and anti-collision-- drilling platform, tunnel & bridge 5. electric & optical cables protection 6. Wind power generation system 7. Saline pile protection 8. Outer protection for directional crossing pipeline
Model 9130—Inner lining type
1. Excellent anticorrosive and anti-permeability of corrosive mediums 2. Heat distortion：-70℃～150℃ 3. Electric & thermal insulation 4. Outstanding mechanical strengths 5. Long working life 6. Rapid curing without extra solidify period，short construction period and come into service immediately 7. Construction /maintenance convenience
1. Storage tank/pool, sewage pool, pipeline and other equipments lining 2. Desulfurization of flue chimneys lining 3. Heavy corrosive floor 4. FRP pipe conjunction mending and seal 5. Rapid repair, online repair and high pressure plugging
None----Statically indeterminate system without notch sensitivity, cut sawing, drilling and all kinds of screws and rivets available
Model 9110: refer to test report; Model 9130: refer to Chemical Resistance Chart
* Information above is typical data according to national standard GB and is for reference only.
Wide temperature availability, laminates can be applied in all seasons around the year, but under no circumstances should the laminates be applied in wet conditions or on wet substrates. It might require the substrates surface temperature must be 3℃ above dew point and relative humidity below 85%.
Substrates surface preparation
Surface preparation can vary from dry and clean to grit blasted to SA2.5, depending on the application. Some applications may also require priming.
1. Laminates appear as pale yellow soft membrane adhesive tape in uncured states and can be cut and tailor into any shape according to the engineering requirements. 2. Before applying the laminate, the bottom film is removed to reveal a tacky type surface and pasted, winded or wrapped in the substrates which protection required directly or as a wet on wet application where prime has been recommended. Pressing or rolling tightly is strongly recommended to increase the bonding and densification between laminates and substrates. To apply tension and reduce shift, the use of transparent adhesive tape is also required. 3. Full exposure to strong UV radiation will see the laminates cure literally in minutes, while in hours under controlled exposure. In areas where applications are exposed to excessive natural sunlight, steps should be taken to shield the application area, which will help to prolong the working life of the laminates. UV lamp should be used to cure the laminates in area where no natural sunlight is available. 4. Please refer to UV curing FRP laminates usage guide for details.
Package & Storage
Standard rolls are roughly 10mtrs long ×1.0mtrs, 30-40kgs. Wrapping in aluminum coated film and pack in cartons. Storage in cool dry conditions, avoid storage near heat source and sunlight. Shelf life is Min 12 months when storage under 25℃.
Complex thinner 23, acetone, xylene and turpentine
Health & Safety
Apply in well-ventilated environment, forbidden fireworks. Avoid eyes and skin contact and do not inhale volatile gas, avoid UV radiation when using UV lamp.